ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

KDE 4 out, and my, it looks gorgeous!

<< < (2/9) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
While that is a valid point, some "iCandy" never hurts. You can probably adjust the views and settings to show whatever you want afterwards anyways.

Darwin:
+1 for the screenshots not really having the WOW factor (for me) - looks like clunky verison of OS X.

jgpaiva:
What i think is really interesting about this, isn't the look of the thing. You can use themes to make it look exactly like what you like. There even are a few mac osx imitations, and i'm sure that if the windows project gets off the ground, they'll make a win98 theme to show people how while using the same graphic elements, they can have better technology. (at least, i hope they do).

Just take a look at the article, and you'll see the main point of the thing isn't the looks but the inner works.

Something i forgot to mention previously: the file manager still sucks, when compared to the windows alternatives :(

Darwin:
Just take a look at the article, and you'll see the main point of the thing isn't the looks but the inner works.
-jgpaiva (January 22, 2008, 04:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh come on, João, do you honeslty expect me to go beyond judging a book by its cover?! Darwin slinks off to do as directed...  :-[

Armando:
KDE on Windows and Mac OS X :

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080123-kde-goes-cross-platform-with-windows-mac-os-x-support.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version