ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

KDE 4 out, and my, it looks gorgeous!

<< < (6/9) > >>

jgpaiva:
Interesting, Carol!

It's good to know more people are paying attention to this project, it's exactly what it needs ;)

I'm sorry to know that the shell replacement isn't available yet, though :(

Lashiec:
The important thing IS... Amarok is coming to Windows :D

And KOffice, and maybe I could kick out that monster called OpenOffice, and use it as office suite. And KDevelop, an IDE for a zillion languages which does not use Java. And Kopete, and, and...

jgpaiva:
KDE was updated to 4.1 a few days ago. Arstechnica also made a few positive comments to this new release. Read more about it here: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080729-kde-4-1-delivers-a-next-gen-desktop-linux-experience.html

40hz:
It's beautiful, it's colorful, it's big and bright and all things nice...

And I just don't like the way it looks.

But that's just me. ;)

I guess if you have it up on some huge wide-screen LCD it's the cat's pajamas. But on my  12" laptop it looks like an arcade puzzle game. The performance improvements are great, but the presentation doesn't do it for me.

So now I have to figure out if I have the patience to start hacking big time to get it to be something I would like, or just stick with Xfce. Hmmmmm....

jgpaiva:
40 hz: Did you try 4.0? Do your think this new version is an improvement over it? Do you think 4.0 was usable? How about 4.1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version