ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Prompt Uninstaller; yet another rip-off

(1/5) > >>

Curt:
Edited for new titel instead of the original "Prompt Uninstaller is extremely fast"
as it turns out that Prompt Installer not was written by SpeedApps, but is a rip-off
------------------------------------------------------------------- original post:

Everyday I get an email from Freeware World Team telling about new or updated freeware, and today SpeedApps Prompt Uninstaller was listed, so I gave this one a try.

You know what? The word "speed" in the company's name is to be taken literally! VERY literally!! The first 'coldstart' of the program took half a second - and you know what even more what? that was half a second INCLUDING the scanning and listing of 385 programs!!!  :o

This program cannot replace REVO or AddRemove Pro if you are having any kind of problems, Prompt Uninstaller is of course a very simple program / displaying very few informations to be that lightening fast, but if you (like me) are (adding or) removing programs several times a day, then this little uninstaller will save you eons of time! It is so unbelievable FAST!!!!

Click thumb to read highlighted text: "385 items loaded in 0.141 seconds" - from my XP.

They offer a lot more:
Backup SafeKeeper * USB PC Lock Pro * Cyber Bandwidth Monitor * Desktop Activity  Recorder * Prompt FTP Client * Remote Manager * Desktop Screenshot Whiz * Firewall Tuneup * Files Crawler * Prompt Startup Manager * RSS Balloon Reader * Memory Monitor * Network Digger * Gmail Notifier * Free Registry Cleaner * Desktop Switcher * File Guardian * MyTorrent Downloader * Password Manager Complete * Windows Total Control * Swift Disk Defrag * WinIcon Customizer *  Prompt Uninstaller * Bulk Email Sender * Prompt Drivers Backup * Directories Sweeper * OnePass * System Tuneup * Process Manager -SpeedApps
--- End quote ---
Edit: Link removed

VSiAQ:
Amazing! I haven't come across such a fast uninstaller like this :-*

It loads my list of 198 programs in less than 1 second...

Armando:
Thanks for the info Curt. BTW, farr's "uninstall plugin" is probably pretty close in terms of speed. + very easy to search your list...

Curt:
.. farr's "uninstall plugin" is probably pretty close in terms of speed. + very easy to search your list...-Armando (January 21, 2008, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I decided to search for e-sword, and typed "e",
but before my finger could hit "-"
I was already given 331 programs containing "e":

mwb1100:
I've been using Safarp (http://wistinga.online.fr/safarp) - a GPL Add/Remove Programs bit of code:

They look remarkably similar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version