ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wacom Tablet - Bundled Software Question

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darwin:
Yes - I love my Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet. The build quality is superb and it works really well - I particularly like using it with ArtRage Pro  :-*

BigJim:
It becomes all the more fun if you're normally a left handed scribbler and a right handed mouser. One does have to be careful if trying to drink coffee (or similar) at the same time, though.  :-\

J-Mac:
Now if I could just get the hang of using the pen!!  It is pretty easy to use in Art Rage and the like, but trying to use it to write with in applications like Evernote, OneNote 2007, etc. is a bit difficult, I find.  Someone posted above in this thread about having trouble with the tablet being scaled from the tablet size to the entire monitor screen rather than having a one-to-one scale, and I remember thinking that the scaling to allow the tablet to cover the entire screen sounded good - how difficult could it be?  Well, I am now finding out just how difficult that can be!!  Not in Art Rage - for some reason the scaling feels natural there.  But writing notes has my handwriting looking even worse than it truly is!!

Jim

J-Mac:
It becomes all the more fun if you're normally a left handed scribbler and a right handed mouser. One does have to be careful if trying to drink coffee (or similar) at the same time, though.  :-\
-BigJim (February 02, 2008, 12:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shoot, I have to be careful when drinking coffee and trying to do anything else at all!!   ;D

Jim

BigJim:
Slurp, splash.  Oh, darn it  >:(

Now that I've cleaned myself up ... I'm quite pleased with the Wacom application/options as it's quite easy to alter the scale and the "hot" area on the fly. Particularly useful as I have the tablet installed on my dual monitor set up. I can limit the pen work to the appropriate area of the screen real estate and use the mouse elsewhere.

BTW: Having had a little attack of "the stingies" when I bought mine, I can now see the value of forking out some more bucks for a Bluetooth tablet. I think that it's usefulness would be even greater if you were able to easily grab it an "kick back" in your chair to draw or whatever. And/or handle it more like a clipboard. AND not have it taking up desk space when not in use!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version