ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo change global hotkey?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Curt:
Oh, the thread is still living.      Well, they are not praising Sprankle too loudly...

Anyway, I see no reason to write FARR plugins for a very unfinished program which has been abandoned by its' author for more than 3 years. Why not aim a little higher and re-write the Sprankle itself? The author is literally asking for it!

Edit: I couldn't get the proram to display, because the hotkey was taken. I closed the owner, but then the hotkey was still taken, just by another program! So I will not be further testing this Sprankle.

Curt:
This can really not be that hard. Forget about Sprankle. Click your special character's icon and it is injected to the clipboard. The smallest monitor is appr 800 pixels wide. One small icon is 16 pixels + 1 pixel for space = giving room for at least 45 favourite special characters, one character per icon, on a 800x18 pixels auto-hiding special tool / task -bar. If your screen is any wider you can have more  characters. Mouser could write this over night. How about "you"?  :tellme:

Armando:
I actually like Sprankle (more intuitive and usable than Windows' character map). The only problem -- as you already read -- is that it doesn't work with all applications. One remedy would be to modify the script to send the selected characters to the clipboard. Since the app is open source (in c++ I believe) anybody with C++ knowledge could propbably modify the code.

Armando:
BTW, Curt, to which hotkey would've you liked to assign SpecChar's menu?

lanux128:
... and really just wanted to try SpecChar because I would expect it to be faster to use  due to the hotkey activation (I think I would be able to remember this ONE hotkey), so I am not into finding SOME "char"-program, only a faster-to-use one...-Curt (January 19, 2008, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

well, at least it's comforting to know that the author has provided the source-code and if you can get someone who has a Delphi compiler, you can change the hotkey & recompile.. it's in the SpecChar.dpr file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version