ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snack Guidelines

IDEA: copy last text field inside a browser

(1/2) > >>

bardamu2000:
Well, complicated heading, I suppose.

I am thinking of a workaround for a big web annoyance: having just finished entering a larger text into a web form (e.g. the body of an email or an entry in a forum) than hitting the right button, but having lost connection or the session, or hitting the wrong button and leaving the current page -> your entry is lost.

I usually do Ctrl-A Ctrl-C to have a backup of my entry before I continue navigating, but I think that could be done automatically: copying the contents of the text field having the last focus. Maybe this is an idea for a Firefox plugin?

jgpaiva:
You'd be surprised on how often this happens.
There are several threads here on DC reporting the same problem and asking for solutions.

Mine would be: use opera. When i click a wrong button, i press "back" (or "forward", if i pressed the "back" button inadvertedly), and the text is still there. The only situations it can't solve is when i press "reload", or the browser crashes.

Regarding your request, i'm not sure how it can be done, but maybe you're right, maybe there even is an extension for firefox that does that.

suleika:
There's a firefox plugin for this - via greasemonkey.  It's called textarea backup.  It has worked very well for me.   I hope this is helpful.

PhilB66:
There's a TextArea Backup UserJS for Opera too  ;)

lanux128:
not exactly what you're looking for but this add-on allows editing textarea content with an external editor.

• It's All Text! - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4125

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version