topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Paragon Drive Backup at 40% off  (Read 5157 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Paragon Drive Backup at 40% off
« on: January 17, 2008, 12:01 PM »
You know you should be doing it, because the question isn't if you are going to loose data, it's when!

backup.GIF

Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 - Save 40%, normal price $50, now only $ 29.95

As a Lavasoft customer, you can now take advantage of this exclusive offer from Paragon
http://dr.bluehornet...C60F765D4A4BA01B8011

Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 Personal

Drive Backup 8.5 allows you to:

Backup and Restore your system to skip a time consuming process of applications setup and customization in case of system crash.

Perform hard disk backup with no significant delays in work process.

Use special secure place on your hard disk to store disk backup images.

Create backup images only with changes made since last backup.

Automate your backup and restore operations with built-in scheduler.

Browse backup images and restore separate files and folders or entire partitions and hard disks from them.

Use provided recovery media to restore your PC or laptop in case of OS failure.

Create custom bootable recovery media containing backup images.

Clone your old hard disk to deploy new one eliminating time consuming operating system and applications installation and adjustment.

Perform basic partitioning operations.

Key Features and Benefits of Drive Backup 8.5 Personal:

System Backup: Create a backup image of your PC or laptop hard disk, including operating system with all user preferences and settings, applications and data files.

Data Restore & System Recovery: Use built-in backup image browser to browse and restore fast and easy separate files, folders or even partitions and hard disks from created hard disk image.

Clone Hard Drive: Clone your old hard disk to deploy new one eliminating tiresome and time consuming operating system and applications installation and adjustment. Basic hard disk partitioning features included in Drive Backup allow you to add new hard drive and prepare it to work.

Bootable Backup: Capsule Create special secure place on your hard disk to store disk backup images and even boot the computer directly from it in case of the operating system corruption.

Built-in Scheduler: Use powerful built-in scheduler to perform regular backup, clone or restore operations.

Supported Hard drives and removable media:
Parallel ATA (IDE) HDD
Serial ATA (SATA) HDD
SCSI HDD
All levels of SCSI, IDE and SATA RAID controllers
CD-R/RW
DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+/-R (DL)
USB 1.0/2.0 and IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices
PC card storage devices

Supported File Systems:
NTFS (v1.2, v3.0, v3.1)
FAT16
FAT32
Linux Ext2FS
Linux Ext3FS
Linux Swap
HPFS
Other file systems (in Sector-by-Sector mode)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Paragon Drive Backup at 40% off
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Nice - they even plug into a currecy converter and convert currency at the prevailing rate. Really refreshing after still being offered about 80 cents to the US dollar for purchases in Canadian funds on some sites!

Anyway, actually dropped in here to post that this is still an active offer. I use Acronis TrueImage Echo Workstation but this looks like an affordable, and nice, alternative. I've tried other Paragon products in the past and have been very impressed.

Thanks, Curt  :Thmbsup:

PS I clicked on the link in the quote above to make sure that it doesn't contain any personal information about you (as Ashampoo offer links tend to do) and can confirm that it does not  :)

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Paragon Drive Backup at 40% off
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I bought this around November when they had the hard drive manager 3 seat family license on special (backup+boot manager+partitioning) and it is a well crafted package. I havent tested the backup much beyond running it then opening the image (I have a license of acronis on my main machine) but it didnt feel any worse than acronis on the basics (speed etc.)
I think its also quite good on the unix/linux side of things, but havent tested.

I actually like the partitioning tool quite a bit, it just works