ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Registry Cleaning Software

<< < (4/8) > >>

brotherS:
I don't know if remote controls are supported too but everyone with a Creative soundcard should know about http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/intro.php - way better drivers with way better options.

--- End quote ---

I have tried kxproject a number of times on various cards and keep coming back to Creative's own drivers (even though they are a bloat fest and usually full of bugs). KX never seems to support all the options of these cards - there is always a long list of things still to be implemented.
-CarolHaynes (October 13, 2005, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, too bad :( I never missed a thing...

If you don't need those 'kiddy features' you may want to try Miranda for Yahoo, IRC and stuff - see my signature

--- End quote ---
Trouble is I have few friends who only use Yahoo (and won't swap). Plus my ISP (BT Broadband) allows free phone calls via a plugin for Yahoo Messenger called BTCommunicator.

--- End quote ---
Free phone calls are nice to have :) But did you know that you could actually USE Yahoo with Miranda? And also IRC, ICQ, Jabber, Google.talk, AIM, ...?

Carol Haynes:
Trying Miranda - your link doesn't work by the way (either page doesn't display or I am told connection was refused).

It is certainly minimalistic - perhaps a bit too much for me, but it is nice to have different networks in one interface.

brotherS:
Read on here about many things you never knew before and always felt like you need to know them:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1201.0

Thx!  :up:

m_s:
I followed Mr Langa's advice: ran Easy Cleaner and then JV16 Powertools.  Lo!  I had problems.  I restored backup created by each program, and all is back as before.  I was using the lowest level of cleaning - sorry, forget what it's called, but the least aggressive setting...  I run CCleaner's 'Issues' module every month or so, and I think that's plenty for me.

clif_notes:
Hi all,

Oh, man! I'm going to write Fred to tell him about this.  Carol, that was an amazing report you gave us.

Like many of you, I've used many reg cleaners in the past. I did indeed have problems from RegSeeker once, but the program has since improved. I've been using EasyCleaner for years now with very few problems. I agree with Fred, it's the best.

To be honest though, I rarely run it.

This is a great forum. I can always find something new and the people posting here really know software. Thanks to all of you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version