ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the best program for cooking and recipe management?

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Any ideas what the best program is to manage recipes, and search.  Maybe one that has a lot of recipes already or maybe one with none, not sure what i'd like best.

zridling:
TopTen Reviews' Cookbook & Recipe Software Review might get you started. Meanwhile, there are tons of recipe sites online when you need to eat. A book that helped me — as a man who just wants good food over a life in the kitchen — is Leisureguy's Cooking Compendium ebook.

J-Mac:
Not sure about recipes, mouser, but I am still looking for a good shopping list.  I used HandyShopper on a PPC for a long while and could transfer that to PC. But they never did get out a decent PC version on its own!

HandyShopper had databases for Home Depot, most drug store chains, grocery markets, etc., etc. Each item had a place for as much or little detail as you desired. Indispensable. But any I find online for the PC are not much more than text lists.   :(

Jim

nosh:
A relatively unexplored category!  :) I'm thinking a must-have feature for a software like this would be to connect to an online repository and contribute or download specific recipes to the local database with ability to modify it further.

I remember Barback from way back - it was (is) this humongous database of drinks.

muntealb:
A software of this kind is Yiola ( http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=6 ) , which is free. Does not have included recipes, but they can be easily added and managed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version