topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Why I left Apple  (Read 5658 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Why I left Apple
« on: January 11, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Justin Berka, from Ars Technica's Infinite Loop (their Apple-centric blog) posted an interesting link to a former Apple employee blog, Jens Alfke, where he outlines the reasons for he is leaving Apple after 16 years in the company. It's not that his salary is bad, or fellow programmers there make fun or him, but about the direction of Apple during recent times. Seems even people inside Apple are a bit tired of the company's uniformity.

Blog entry

Screenshot - 11_01_2008 , 23_42_54.jpgWhy I left Apple

Note that Jens is now going to work on its own, like some other ex-programmers at Apple, who left to company to pursue an "indie career", that's what the post which links to Jens' blog is all about, experienced developers going out by themselves, instead of taking the startup route.

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why I left Apple
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Wow! I remember that name / he from the first times on the Jabberdev mailing list.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why I left Apple
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:03 PM »
What an eye-opening post from Justin Berka, thanks for posting it Lashiec. Apple should go the extra mile to keep guys like him on. It's revealing that Apple won't allow any developer recognition for its products, even the smallest tip of the hat to them.