ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Humanized Enso going free...

<< < (4/5) > >>

Darwin:
Thanks, Dirhael! Looks like we've got similar taste in software - I've purchased a LOT of the same applications as you!

I'm looking at Enso Humanized and wishing that they'd give me more options for triggering it. I resent HAVING to give over one of my keyboard keys to it. I c'mon - I actually use the caps lock key and would like to be able to use it while Enso is running. Ditto the left win key (don't have a right one) and all of the the other options. Disappointed, but will persevere.

Darwin:
OK. Further to my last post - IF I set Enso to "sticky" mode, will that enable me to get double duty out of whatever one of the limited number of choices I have a for a trigger key? I just can't see any of them being palatable as being given over entirely to Enso. Right - here goes: hold down CAPS Lock, type Pref, hit enter and we're off. I'll report back. But I'm not optimisitic.

Darwin:
Nope. But I discovered that the right CTRL key isn't a bad choice in conjunction with quasi-modal triggering. It can still be used in CTRL-ALT-DEL and other shortcuts as long as you hit another of the combo keys first. Two things - in this short time I've realised that I never use the key anyway and my right pinky hates holding down the right CTRL key and trying to type. Sadly, setting the left CTRL key doesn't work as CTRL-A, for example, yields an attempt to run a calculate command (presumably internal to Enso) and returns a message saying no text selected - even though I DID select text to copy... So, I've settled on the right CTRL key for now and will try to learn to use it.

tide:
Good grief! Yet another application I paid for and now it goes free.

Actually, I stopped using the program because it simply sucks up way too much memory - over 50 Megs on my machine. I'll try the free version to see whether they have made any improvements in memory management.

Dirhael:
Thanks, Dirhael! Looks like we've got similar taste in software - I've purchased a LOT of the same applications as you!

I'm looking at Enso Humanized and wishing that they'd give me more options for triggering it. I resent HAVING to give over one of my keyboard keys to it. I c'mon - I actually use the caps lock key and would like to be able to use it while Enso is running. Ditto the left win key (don't have a right one) and all of the the other options. Disappointed, but will persevere.
-Darwin (January 17, 2008, 12:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let's just hope that they don't release all of them as freeware soon :D

As for your troubles with finding the right key, I had the same issue in the beginning (and still do sometimes). What I found was that out of "all" the alternatives, the CAPS key did indeed function best, mostly because I so rarely use it. Those times you actually do need it, there's an internal command for turning it on/off. Just press your trigger key, type "cap" (no need to type more) and your only two alternatives of commands should be "capslook off/on." It's not a perfect solution, but I much prefer it to loosing one of the CTRL or SHIFT keys :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version