ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Humanized Enso going free...

<< < (3/5) > >>

mouser:
I don't think they are dropping development.. Developers got hired by mozilla, no longer have to market their software (i guess they did well enough marketing themselves).  So now they can make the software free and get paid by mozilla corp.

lanux128:
my bad.. blinded by the w00t factor, i had assumed the development is coming to a halt.

Dirhael:
Mind giving us a list of your purchases from the past year, Dirhael? I'd hate to buy anything and have it go freeware - with your list I'd have a starting point for deciding what to, and what not to, buy  ;D
-Darwin (January 16, 2008, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehe, sure why not ;) Here's some of the programs I purchased during the last 12 months or so (there's some missing though as I don't have the complete list at hand):

a-squared Anti-Malware
Ad Muncher
Ashampoo Office 2006/2008 (2008 was released before my first year was over...but it was dirt cheap anyway so it didn't matter)
Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium (3 year contract)
CoreAVC
Dash Command
DefenseWall HIPS
Direct Access
Directory Opus 9
DriverCleaner.net
Duplicate Email Remover for Outlook
E-TextEditor
Enso Launcher (now freeware...grrr! v1)
Enso Words (now freeware...grrr! v2)
FeedDemon (now freeware...grrr! v3)
Getright
Helium Music Manager 2007
JV16 PowerTools 2007
MediaMonkey 3
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Upgrade from XP)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (Anytime upgrade from Home Premium...yeah, lack domain support in Home PE kinda forced this one on me)
MyTunesRSS
Net Transport
NOD32 (1 year contract)
Objectdock Plus
Paragon Total Defrag 2007
RegExBuddy 3
Rollback Rx Pro v8
Sony Media Manager for PSP 2.5
SpeedCommander 12 (don't really use it much, but the nag screen drove me mad in the trial so one day I ignored common sense and made the purchase anyway...)
SUPERAntiSpyware Professional (Lifetime license)
Terabyte Unlimited Products (All products incl. BootIt NG, Image for Windows, Image for DOS, Image for Linux)
Total Commander (additional license)
True Launch Bar 4
Twistpad
Window Clippings
Windowblinds
XYplorer (Lifetime license)
ZiePod+
Zoom Player WMV Pro

VSiAQ:
When I heard that Enso's free now, I decided to give it a try. Not impressive, though.

It's more beautiful and cooler than FARR, no doubt  ;D

However, having to type 4 extra keys (o p e n) just to open an application is a major drawback for me. Also, I'm unable to open any directories of my choices without having to write the directory name down, select it, hold down capslock, type open with xyplorer, release capslock - wow, what a process!

Time for bed, I'd inspect this RAM consuming launcher more thoroughly tomorrow.

Dirhael:
When I heard that Enso's free now, I decided to give it a try. Not impressive, though.

It's more beautiful and cooler than FARR, no doubt  ;D

However, having to type 4 extra keys (o p e n) just to open an application is a major drawback for me. Also, I'm unable to open any directories of my choices without having to write the directory name down, select it, hold down capslock, type open with xyplorer, release capslock - wow, what a process!

Time for bed, I'd inspect this RAM consuming launcher more thoroughly tomorrow.
-VSiAQ (January 16, 2008, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

The [TAB] key is your friend ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version