ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Coollector 2.0: freeware for movie lovers

<< < (4/4)

Cool Hector:
Hi Nosh !

I don't know how much legal it is to take data from the IMDb  :-\
It's copyrighted material, and they licence it for a (big) fee.
They frequently change their page layout to break vampire scripts...

Anyway, in my case, IMDb is not an option because it doesn't do well for many languages other than English.

Nonetheless, I plan to provide direct links to IMDb, All Movie Guide, TCMDb, etc... for when you'll want some more details about a movie, or to discuss it on a forum, etc... I'll also add links to trailers, reviews, etc...

Rhutobello:
I think you shall concentrate about what this program do very well....a brilliant catalogue...that is easy to understand and use.

This way you "hit" the majority of people.....those who are "Collectors" will have much more options, will demand more and more from you....and you loose out what you are good at....because you will make something that is neither.

Concentrate on the masses...make it so "automatic" as possible....this way you will hit moms and pas..and even Grandpas (me :) ) Just accept that none can make the best product ever....because we are all different....we all have different goals or opinions....with your program...go for the masses....there is where you will make the best deal....because they are those who buy most :)
Good luck! 

Cool Hector:
Thank you for your wisdom, Rhutobello.

I clearly aim at the masses: the fact that it's free, and easy to use.

But when you write a collection manager, it's a point of honor that the most avid collectors like it. I'm a collector myself, and I conceived Coollector as the program of my dreams. Coollector has (or will have) very few to envy to the other movie managers.

Remember my words  ;)

iphigenie:
I think the use of affiliate deals is a great way to finance a tool like that  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version