ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Browser Zoom Functionality...

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
I very frequently use the "fit-to-window-width" feature in opera, even with DC. It's useful because i usually have opera's window resized to a small with window (at least thinner than usual).

Dirhael:
To tell you the truth, I didn't even know FF and IE had a zoom function. I thought Opera was the only one that did. ;D
-nite_monkey (January 16, 2008, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it's [the zoom functionality] really only useful for text in those browsers, as zooming images in both FF and IE makes them look like ass. Why they don't implement decent filtering like Opera does is beyond me..

lanux128:
Why they don't implement decent filtering like Opera does is beyond me..-Dirhael (January 17, 2008, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

just curious, how does it work?

Dirhael:
Why they don't implement decent filtering like Opera does is beyond me..-Dirhael (January 17, 2008, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

just curious, how does it work?
-lanux128 (January 17, 2008, 09:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, to best illustrate what I'm talking about, take a look at the screenshots I've attached. The first image is the original image, the second from Firefox at 70% zoom, and the last one from Opera at the same zoom level. Take note of how jagged the edges of the zoomed FF image is compared to the other 2 (the images are just slightly different sizes as I just cropped out the surrounding area, but the zoom levels are the same).

Lashiec:
Don't worry guys, Firefox 3 already fixed the issue and implemented page zooming ala Opera :). IE... er, wait for version 8 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version