ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Browser Zoom Functionality...

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
I'm curious about this...

I use it daily pretty much. In every browser. IE - Opera - FF. I'll actually switch between browsers on occasion because I like the way one or the other does zooming. (IE zooms pages, while FF zooms text only, etc. etc. etc.)

nosh:
Very rarely - if the site has really bad design and I find myself squinting.

iphigenie:
it's very handy when on a small screen, such as your typical projector

app103:
It is great for huge images, making them small enough to see the entire image on your screen.

You can also use ctrl+ numpad +/- instead of the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Personally, I prefer the way IE & Opera handles it, rather than Firefox. The way Firefox only adjusts text size can distort & break pages and make things look really screwed up.

vegas:
I don't like the way IE/Maxthon resizes using a zoom factor, images are crushed and text is quite irritating.  I use NoSquint (http://urandom.ca/nosquint/) an addon for Firefox, which allows you to zoom in/out (of text) in 1% increments (using Ctrl -/+ shortcut), and it can remember your zoom settings for every domain you visit.  It saves me quite a bit of scrolling on sites, in addition to increasing the readability of some awful website layouts.  NoSquint and TabMixPlus are easily my most important addons for Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version