ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

More false virus warnings in compiled ahk utilities #*(%&*(#*(&#(%

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I quit using AV on my development machine because I got tired of it deleting the projects I was working on right after they compiled. <-That drove me nutz for an hour one night.

I've never gotten any FPs with fSekrit either...which is good considering I use it from a ThumbDrive in the field quite frequently. It's got to be one of the coolest little utilities I've ever seen.

jgpaiva:
I quit using AV on my development machine because I got tired of it deleting the projects I was working on right after they compiled. <-That drove me nutz for an hour one night.
-Stoic Joker (January 16, 2008, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
:huh: :huh: That'd drive me insane!
AV's are obviously getting dumber by the day. (or viruses are getting smarter and AV's are having a hard time keeping up with them ;) )

justice:
maybe skrommel just needs to recompile his programs with a new version of ahk..
-mouser (January 15, 2008, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
that indeed solves the problem, it's to do with the executable processor used in some versions of autohotkey that are also used to obfuscate some viruses, therefore avg assumes all software that uses it could be a virus. I've only ever noticed this with AVG btw.

Lashiec:
The guys at AVG are getting too many false positives during too much time, perhaps it's time for them to give a good look to their detection algorithms.

BTW, mouser, you could have added to your reply that, in case of doubt, it's always good to upload a copy of the file to VirusTotal or Jotti's Malware Scan. Although if AVG gets false positives, some of the less capable (and paranoid) scanners used in those sites will flag as infected as well, marked (probably) as generic malware, but marked anyway.

x_qxp:
 i emailed avg about false postive report on two programs  startclock & another which was called Active Ports. below is the one about startclock.
Avg responded the next day saying it was a fasle postive & to update , now i get no false postive.

The file Start-Clock.exe inside the rar/zip file is getting reported as a Worm/Autoit.AWP ,
avg free 8.0 reports that this file is a Worm/Autoit.AWP , yet i have had it on my puter using avg free 7.5 for a year or so without any problems from avg reporting it as a Worm/Autoit.AWP.
i went to web urL http://virusscan.jotti.org/ & 12 virus scanners reported the file as found nothing & 7 virus scanners did.
I attached a scrn capture of the page at http://virusscan.jotti.org/ showing results.
 ThanKs,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version