ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Coollector 2.0: freeware for movie lovers

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rhutobello:
I have downloaded the program.

I was a bit unsure at first since Site advisor still flag you as red, but they flagged your program as green.

I have played with it, and I must give you kudos, it is very informative and simple to use.

It gives tons of info, and you have all at your fingertip.

If you want an easy way to store your movie and don't need to put in so much personal information about it, then this is for you :)

Since it is free, and with the limitation mentioned, I can't give it other then 5 of 5....even if the major thought behind it is to sell us DVD's :)

Cool Hector:
I was a bit unsure at first since Site advisor still flag you as red, but they flagged your program as green.-Rhutobello (January 16, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's because I link back to download sites that gave me an award. I started to clean up my award page from dubious sites, until I realized that softpedia was considered as dangerous too. That was so ridiculous that I just gave up  :mad:

I have played with it, and I must give you kudos, it is very informative and simple to use.

It gives tons of info, and you have all at your fingertip.

If you want an easy way to store your movie and don't need to put in so much personal information about it, then this is for you :)

Since it is free, and with the limitation mentioned, I can't give it other then 5 of 5-Rhutobello (January 16, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you very much  :)

....even if the major thought behind it is to sell us DVD's :)-Rhutobello (January 16, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I could have charged 40$, like my competitors, but I though I had a wonderful concept where users wouldn't have to pay anything, ever. Only making a living from the persons who find the price search useful, and allowing all the others to use the program all the same.

If you want to know, I'm still far from making a living from it. It doesn't even cover my server expenses  :(

Yep, the concept is nice, but it demands much more users than the shareware model. So come on everybody ! And bring your friends  :P

Rhutobello:

I could have charged 40$, like my competitors, but I though I had a wonderful concept where users wouldn't have to pay anything, ever.
-Cool Hector (January 16, 2008, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope  :huh:
I own your "name brothers" (Collector) Movie program and if one are a serious collector, one will with such a program achieve a much more personal feeling and have a lot of other options to ones disposal.

Your program is an advance catalogue with option to personalize in some simple way.

When that is said, I like it very much, because of it's easy cross reference, because it show what films an actor has play in. It is almost an Imdb light  :Thmbsup:

I can see that all offers goes in $.

I wonder if you should make an area option in your program (USA - Europa) (maybe because of language German - France)
and then make deals with vendors in those areas and make those links available when the user choose their place.

Amazon has many options for free p&p in their own areas, so if one shall import from USA the whole time..the p&p might be an issue to drop your offer and you loose a sale.

I myself have a video store for rental, so I will not use it for buying, but as a "professional" I can persuade  the simplicity in order to find information about the different actors, composers,directors and so on!
So guys...download it.....there is a lot more carp then this on your hard disk  ;D

Cool Hector:
Nope  :huh:
I own your "name brothers" (Collector) Movie program and if one are a serious collector, one will with such a program achieve a much more personal feeling and have a lot of other options to ones disposal.-Rhutobello (January 17, 2008, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Please tell me more about this.

We agree that my program is the only one with the Encyclopedia feature.

But what are those "other options" that a "serious collector" would miss with my program ? My program handles loans, and a plethora of technical details about the videos that you own (image type, sound, languages, subtitles, etc...).

What else is needed for a "serious collector" to be happy ?

Cool Hector:
I can see that all offers goes in $.

I wonder if you should make an area option in your program (USA - Europa) (maybe because of language German - France)
and then make deals with vendors in those areas and make those links available when the user choose their place.

Amazon has many options for free p&p in their own areas, so if one shall import from USA the whole time..the p&p might be an issue to drop your offer and you loose a sale.-Rhutobello (January 17, 2008, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

The whole concept is not yet in place, so here is how it'll be when it's finished:

the program will be available in several languages. There will be a different version of the encyclopedia for each language. If you use the french encyclopedia, movies are shown with their french title, plot is in French, etc... Of course you can switch language, and all your personal data is still superimposed on the encyclopedia.

Suppose you use Coollector with French language. Then the price search displays only prices from stores with a french website (mostly France and Benelux), and currency will be Euro.

Now suppose you use Coollector with English language. In this case, you'll have the choice between 4 price localities:

1) american stores (with US dollar currency)
2) canadian stores (with canadian dollar currency)
2) australian stores (with australian dollar currency)
2) UK stores (with pound currency)

(of course you can swith between localities)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version