ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

nitroPDF half price offer ... but be quick offer ends on 15th October

<< < (2/2)

Jibz:
Having read the threads you pointed to the issues seem to have been a bug which is now resolved in version 4.9.-CarolHaynes
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear that. I am not a big fan of product activation for a number of reasons, but at least it's good that they try to fix the problems it is causing their paying customers :Thmbsup:.

As for the updates I am not sure what the policy is but there is a product update button under help, and the version on offer above is version 4.8. It updated fine to version 4.9!-CarolHaynes
--- End quote ---

Let's not hope you get free updates until the next major version number then :mrgreen:.

Carol Haynes:
Just got this reply ... lets hope the next major release is going to be within 60 days!

Nitro PDF Upgrade Policy   

Nitro PDF product releases fall into two categories, referred to as
major and minor releases. A major release is normally identified by a
change in the first digit of its release version number, i.e. 4.9 -> 5.0. A
minor release generally signifies a bug fix or minor feature
enhancement. This can be identified by an increment in one of the successive
release numbers, i.e. 4.7 -> 4.8, 4.8 -> 4.9.

Minor releases are issued free to customers who own the same major
version (1.X, 2.X, 3.X).
Major releases are issued free to customers who purchased their license
within the prior 60 days.

The upgrade price for a major release will be approximately 40% of the
product's current retail price.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions then don't
hesitate to let me know.

Jibz:
Oh .. sorry to hear that :(.

But thanks a lot for sharing this information .. I will probably keep away from it until v5.0 is released then.

If that happens roughly 60 days after the discount has expired, I reserve the right to complain at length about their sales tactics ;).

Carol Haynes:
To be fair the sale price is available via a resller.

By the way I sent query by email and got a response within 3 hours - not bad support ...

Jibz:
By the way I sent query by email and got a response within 3 hours - not bad support ...-CarolHaynes
--- End quote ---

I used the web based sales support form on their homepage on October 7th (same day as you) asking the same question .. all I have gotten so far is an automated reply giving me a case number and saying they will get back to me as soon as possible ::).

Perhaps it's some mixup, or they give priority to paying customers (which would only be fair) :Thmbsup:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version