ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Editor Needed

(1/7) > >>

KenR:
Hi Gang,

I am looking for an editor that will allow me to format the text like Rich Text, modifying color, underline, bold, etc., like Martin Aignesberger's great Notebook Pro editor. In addition though, I would like it to be able to replace my text editor and able to edit text files without adding formatting codes. Some of my text files could be converted to another format, while files like .bat, .ini, etc. would need to remain pure text files. The program does not have to be freeware. I would be happy to pay for the "right program". All recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Curt:
You should (NOT) try Ultra-Pad (link removed)

It is VERY rich on features, frankly I can only think of two features missing: One is the option to launch some "pre-launcher" at start, to minimize response time, and the other is the option to 1-click close the document but not the program. I have requested both features, and the answer was positive, but that was 'long' ago, well, half a year ago? - maybe some more should request...

Lashiec:
OMG, what an interface >_<

The only thing I know like what you ask is either Wordpad or xtort's QJot (a Wordpad clone). Alternatively, MDGX has listed in his website a good deal of text editors, a few of them support rich text editing, which is what you're asking for. Not any impressive solution for what I saw a couple of years ago.

tranglos:
I am looking for an editor that will allow me to format the text like Rich Text, modifying color, underline, bold, etc., like Martin Aignesberger's great Notebook Pro editor. In addition though, I would like it to be able to replace my text editor and able to edit text files without adding formatting codes.
-KenR (January 15, 2008, 08:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can recommend PolyEdit: www.polyedit.com
Nice features, and works both as an RTF and plaintext editor. Original, useful docking mechanism, if you like docking.

Though for power plain-text editing, you may consider a "real" plaintext editor, such as EmEditor.

on edit: Forgot to add: PolyEdit is $27.95. I registered in May 2003, and all updates have been free since then.

Curt:
OMG, what an interface >_< -Lashiec (January 15, 2008, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, Michael has some very 'young' ideas about this, but Skinnable Interface is included.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version