ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Easy photo editor

(1/5) > >>

Babis:
Hello. I was using "Microsoft Digital Image Pro" for many years, which mainly consisted from latest version of PictureIt! and a nice photo gallery. Now the product has been discontinued for more than a year and many of its features are included in some vista versions.

I am looking for a similar simple but powerful photo editor for basic digital image tasks, like crop, resize, change hue, saturation, fix red eye etc

The program that I am looking for should be easy and not to have to go through books to learn even the basic functions, so it has to be other than photoshop/paint shop pro.

I am currently trialling Ulead's Photoimpact, but I am looking for others, thanks for any suggestions

tomos:
yet another image/photo editor and batch processor
a very depreciating title to a software announcement but it sounds very good
disclaimer - I have it downloaded but not tried it yet :)

suleika:
Many people find IrfanView very easy to get to know and use.  I used it as my photo editor for a long while, and I still use it as my default viewer.

You might like Picasa too - friendly interface and the basic tools are nicely designed GUI-wise.

Babis:
thanks

Dirhael:
It sounds to me like the freeware application Paint.NET might be just what you're looking for. It's powerful enough to do most of what you'd want to do with a photo, while at the same time being quite easy.

However, if all you want to do with your images is pretty much the things you've listed, I think your best option is FastStone Image Viewer. Image viewers/browsers/basic editors doesn't get much better than this :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version