ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Deductoid puzzle game

<< < (5/7) > >>

timns:
Right, I'll take a look at disabling the scroll wheel (or maybe try to make it do something more constructive)

The "is not next to clue" only ever involves 2 tiles, but I draw it in that way to hammer home that (in the example) the blonde lady cannot be on *either* side of the surprised smiley, i.e. not-next-to-at-all-in-any-way, if you see what I mean.

I originally drew it as 2 tiles, but it confused people by making them think that maybe she could be on the other side of him, i.e. she's only-not-on-the-left.

I hope that makes sense! Plus 3 tiles fits in neatly with the other clues!

I must update the pdf - the first version I wrote did not have that clue. Someone who played suggested I add it, and having looked at Sherlock I imagine that's surely where the suggestion came from. My original inspiration was from a game I used to play on the Commodore 64 (showing my age here) called something like Cerebro.

timns

steeladept:
Took me a while to get it until I realized it was the same as the Einstein game I found a while back...may have even been here that I found it.  Don't remember.  It is, indeed, quite addicting.  However, I find that CluGrid is more likely to make me curse you out for taking away more time from my job, er, I mean free time...  ;D

timns:
Took me a while to get it until I realized it was the same as the Einstein game I found a while back...may have even been here that I found it.  Don't remember.  It is, indeed, quite addicting.  However, I find that CluGrid is more likely to make me curse you out for taking away more time from my job, er, I mean free time...  ;D
-steeladept (February 07, 2008, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Another one! Well I sure hope my version has something new to offer. And thank you for the kind comments about CluGrid. I *think* that's something no-one has done before except on paper. Please see my comment in the CluGrid discussion - we'll expand that game over time to include a bigger variety of subjects.

timns:
When I (accidentally) scroll with my middle mouse wheel, the program suddenly scrolls through the levels (4x4, 5x5 etc), and my current game is reset!  Even if this depends on where my focus was (and after experimenting I don't think it does) it is disconcertingly unpredictable and annoying.
-suleika (February 06, 2008, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, the mouse wheel is now ignored. New version uploaded if you wish to grab it!

timns:
Ok ladies and blokes, I just uploaded a new build of Deductoid which zooms those hard-to-see horizontal clues for those Iron Men (and Bronze Ladies  :-[) who play in 9x9 and 10x10 mode.

This was a neat suggestion from Mr TPReal, who is clearly an Iron Man himself. Thank you. Plus you get to see my lovely fast smoothed bitmap zoom er... thing.

timns

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version