topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ExifPro and 3D Photo Browser  (Read 7896 times)

Maggy160

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ExifPro and 3D Photo Browser
« on: January 15, 2008, 02:03 AM »
I use ExifPro most of the time. Also there are still some tiny pieces of clumsyness in it, for example no real file/folder drag and drop, its speed makes up for this especially when organising lots of files. Enormous amount of features, great layout, perfect support. Uses EXIF thumbnails for speed. If you have a large collection of pictures without thumbnails, it's wise to use Exifer first to give them all EXIF thumbnails.

3D Photo Browser is not the best photo browser and hardly a tool to organise them, but if you have lots of 3D files as well (and probably lots of texture pictures) this is an absolute must-have.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ExifPro and 3D Photo Browser
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:12 AM »
hi Maggy,
I agree, ExifPro is great!

do you use ExifPros tagging system as well?
I've tried it without great success but in fairness I havent checked it out very scientifically

also it seems to struggle a bit (here) with being made the default viewer for images.. but I am writing up a note about that for author...
Tom

Maggy160

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ExifPro and 3D Photo Browser
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 03:38 PM »
I discussed the matter of the IMHO way too limited tagging option with the programmer years ago. It's obviously not one of his top priorities.
Create several tag files, but not too many, don't get tempted to use tags as keywords. Use other software to add exif keywords instead.