ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

photo duplicate scanner

<< < (24/25) > >>

Curt:
a disappointment ot not, I am keeping it for the video part.
-Curt (April 21, 2011, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

-no, I am not. Whether it was due to broken files or something else, the program never managed to scan all of my photo or video collections, before crashing. It is a gonner!

Curt:
I was very surprised and disappointed to realize that Revo Uninstaller > 'Advanced' didn't find C:\Users\Curt\AppData\Roaming\visualsearchpony.com What else has it not found over time?
Hmm...  :(

sajman99:
... Visual Search Pony...I believe this is the only one also comparing videos?
-Curt (April 20, 2011, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good question--I haven't seen many tools which can evaluate video similarity.

You might want to try SimilarImages for that purpose. :-\ Seems it can process video and compare frames to evaluate similarity. But it's hard to find much information on SimilarImages' video comparison capabilities because the old site is gone, the current location isn't a fully developed site, and the documentation included with the latest 2010.09 (beta) contains outdated/incorrect info.

crabby3:
Thought maybe I should include this DC topic here.  The FDFF link is still valid.  For those who may not be aware of Free Duplicate (Photo) File Finder.   :)

http://www.mindgems.com/products/Fast-Duplicate-File-Finder/Fast-Duplicate-File-Finder-About.htm

Curt:
And for those who may not be aware of Duplicate Video Search:
http://duplicatevideosearch.com
http://duplicatevideosearch.com/how-to-use/

Yet another Bolide product, so I cannot say if it ever will be updated.
But it still is brand new and well working.  :up:
Modified: Only now do I notice my copy calls itself version 16 ! But, ehm... how can a version "16" be so different from normal programs, lacking both this and that normal feature? The user's graphical interface is abnormal, to say the least.

Anyway, the scanning's end result is fine
- and should be, because this is not freeware, but $30

Duplicate Video Search

Step 4: Specify video indexing and matching options (optional)

First, you need to specify how many seconds of each video should be indexed. The longer this interval is, the more accuratelly duplicate videos will be detected (there will be less false positives). However, it takes more time to index long intervals, we recommend to find some optimum or keep default value (3 seconds).

Enable “Skipe first 3 minutes” option if you are going to organize a movie collection. Movies can have similar beginnings (intro of a movie company), so to avoid wrong detections, our program allows to start processing only from 3rd minute of a video (after all intros).

“Fast video reading” option makes video reading 2-3 times faster by ansyncing video and audio. Unfortunatelly some DirectShow codecs may be unstable in that circumstances and lead to crash. Disable “Fast video reading” option in case you faced smth. like this.

Adjust “Sensitivity” slider to regulate how close the detected duplicates should be. It is recommended to change this option after running a first scan, in case there are too many false detections or vise versa. Second scan is usually pretty fast, cause Duplicate Video Search stores all indexes to the cash and so does not have to repeate video indexing twice.

Some video duplicates can be misaligned in time, i.e. same momemnt can take a place on 2:03 on a first video and and on 2:07 on a second one. To accept this, set “Max shift” value to 5 seconds.

Step 5: Start retrieval

Click the “Search” button to start retrieval. Duplicate Video Search will scan the selected folders for duplicate video files. Found clips are compared against each other and grouped together if they have similar content.

Since there are many video formats in the world, our software determines duplicates on the basis of the visual content of files. For this, the program processes each file and generates it`s short signature which is compared against signatures of other files. This process is also known as video fingerprinting.

To index video, Duplicate Video Search processes only limited number of seconds of each video and stores a calculated signature in cache, so that next time you need to organize video files, the program can re-use cached signatures and process only new clips.

http://duplicatevideosearch.com/how-to-use/-Duplicate Video Search
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version