ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

photo duplicate scanner

<< < (19/25) > >>

rjbull:
Unique Filer looks shareware.  As you say it's abandoned, does that mean the author is no longer accepting registrations, or what?

Curt:
Am I missing something or are you really forced to making a decision from looking at 2 thumbnails ?-Szero (November 05, 2010, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

-yes, you are missing something ;-)

First of all, regarding the thumbnails, well, you can db-click them, and they will open in your default viewer. Secondly, between the two thumbnails, the size of each picture is listed. Thirdly, the word "difference", means "not identical". Just how different the two pictures are from each other, is listed in percentage.

Actually, I only came to tell that AntiDubl.NET once again has been updated, and now is at version 1.6.

Regarding Unique Filer; their "secure server", sohosafe.com, cannot be confirmed to be safe.
The fine AntiDubl.NET is freeware ;-) http://antidupl.narod.ru/english/index.html

sajman99:
Unique Filer looks shareware.  As you say it's abandoned, does that mean the author is no longer accepting registrations, or what?
-rjbull (November 05, 2010, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
http://www.uniquefiler.com/beta.htm

I've used the "newest" beta version of Unique Filer for many years. I vaguely recall reading the author had passed away. :-\ Don't know this for sure, but clearly the software and site were left behind.

But it's free and has been for many years. Upon launching v2 there's a popup indicating the software is beta. IIRC it's never once crashed or caused a problem in 5+ years.

Szero:
Thanks for the great help,
I'll stick to Unique Filer (the much better beta is completely free btw) because it's
much more intuitive, faster scanning, faster image rendering, and accurate enough for me. :-*
I don't know if it's AntiDpl or my system, but even dragging the columns feels awkward,
anyway, I'll try to contact the author and ask to take a look at Unique Filer, perhaps he can
incorporate some of its better features. :)

sajman99:
@Curt: Thanks for telling about the latest AntiDupl. I just updated a few weeks ago, and already there's another update. 8) Seems the author has been busy lately.

@Szero: I respectfully disagree about which software (AntiDupl or Unique Filer) is the best, but I consider both very good options. I've tested a great many of these similar image tools, and an amazing percentage of them are woefully slow and/or inaccurate. Man, I would have loved to see Unique Filer developed further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version