ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

photo duplicate scanner

<< < (17/25) > >>

Curt:
I have just tried the 'Find Duplicates' in Ashampoo Photo Commander 8, and it is by far the slowest, yet. It used just as long to scan 120 pictures as most of the others did to scan 6.000.

Nothing wrong with the result, though.

sajman99:
...it is by far the slowest, yet.
-Curt (March 17, 2010, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I've experienced that far too often. I've lost count how many times I've tested a similar image finder only to discover it bogs down so much it becomes unuseable.

For example, I like the generically named Duplicate Picture Finder and would use it much more often if it didn't slow down significantly when processing more than a few hundred files.

The developer of Duplicate Picture Finder Dzomlija has posted here at DC indicating he's working on a new version. 8) Definitely one to watch IMO.

sajman99:
I test these image comparison apps all the time, and most are not worth a mention here at DC.

I didn't really expect too much with a freeware named Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder, but I'm very pleasantly surprised with this one. They have a portable version, it's very easy to use, and the accuracy is very good. It's a keeper!

http://www.duplicate-finder.com/photo.html

sajman99:
Take note that clicking on Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder's trash icon does NOT delete to the Recycle Bin as might be expected. Just something to keep in mind for the click-happy folks like myself who occasionally click on the wrong pic.

Other than that minor aspect, ADPF is worthwhile image comparison software--drag & drop folders, click on "Start Search" and you're processing images. Simple and effective.

Curt:
... clicking on Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder's trash icon does NOT delete to the Recycle Bin ...-sajman99 (June 13, 2010, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

... probably because they also sell Recover Files ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version