ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft Word under attack. Don't open RTF files!

<< < (4/4)

40hz:
Unfortunately that requires extended MAPI(this is by Microsoft design) which is only supported in Outlook, which requires me to do a (partial) Office installation on a server.

But I do recognize the irony in this. To be able to communicate securely I need to install software known to be insecure and destabilizing a Windows installation.
-Shades (March 26, 2014, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good lord! And here I thought the Dutch were way ahead of us when it came to saying "NO" to this sort of nonsense... :-\

Vurbal:
Unfortunately that requires extended MAPI(this is by Microsoft design) which is only supported in Outlook, which requires me to do a (partial) Office installation on a server.

But I do recognize the irony in this. To be able to communicate securely I need to install software known to be insecure and destabilizing a Windows installation.
-Shades (March 26, 2014, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good lord! And here I thought the Dutch were way ahead of us when it came to saying "NO" to this sort of nonsense... :-\
-40hz (March 26, 2014, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe that's the problem. Perhaps their bureaucrats felt the country was falling behind in the important metric of impossible demands on IT. They could just be hoping to catch up to the rest of the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version