Open clipboard content with program. - DonationCoder.com
Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site May 25, 2015, 02:39:50 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2015! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Open clipboard content with program.  (Read 537 times)
guerillablood
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 20, 2015, 05:55:04 PM »

To be as simple as possible, I'm looking for a program or an AHK script that can take the contents of the clipboard and send it to a program to be opened in.

My idea is basically: copy/paste a URL to a video and then following a key combination or clicking on a tray icon, send it to my installation of MPV (as it streams a wider variety of web videos than say, VLC).

I don't know the mileage of this beyond sending youtube/dailymotion links to mpv, but the avoidance of flash player alone would be helpful. You set a file path (or maybe several paths for different file types), copy a URL to a video/image/document, and then hit a key combination or click a tray context menu to paste the link from the clipboard into the program's launch path. I know this is possible because of browser addons for Firefox and Chrome like OpenWith, but those require you to be inside of the browser, looking at an embedded link. A file inside of a flash player or raw URL in an instant message are unable to utilize this function.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:45:17 PM by guerillablood » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »

My AHK script "SelectoSurf" does almost exactly this.  You could easily modify the AHK script to launch your app instead of the default browser.
guerillablood
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 08:44:53 PM »

Works like a charm. Thank you Mouser! smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 08:52:20 PM »

np  thumbs up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.02 ]

Share on Facebook
submit to reddit