ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GPG4win - a GnuPG (PGP clone) package for MS Windows

(1/1)

mouser:
GPG4Win is a free collection of tools for performing pgp-compatible encryption of text files and email.  It installs both commandline gnupg tools and a graphical front end utility for managing keys and and a very nice tray based tool for doing general stuff.  It's sort of a minimalist version of pgp if you don't need the full desktop tool (commercial pgp tools: here).

GnuPG is the GNU project's complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard as defined by RFC4880 . GnuPG allows to encrypt and sign your data and communication, features a versatile key managment system as well as access modules for all kind of public key directories. GnuPG, also known as GPG, is a command line tool with features for easy integration with other applications. A wealth of frontend applications  and libraries  are available. Version 2 of GnuPG also provides support for S/MIME.

GnuPG is Free Software (meaning that it respects your freedom). It can be freely used, modified and distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License .

GnuPG comes in two flavours: 1.4.8 is the well known and portable standalone version, whereas 2.0.8 is the enhanced and somewhat harder to build version.

Project Gpg4win provides a Windows version of GnuPG. It is nicely integrated into a installer and features several frontends as well as (German) manuals.

--- End quote ---

http://www.gpg4win.org/

housetier:
I want to remind people that you can use GnuPG (or PGP) for several purposes besides protecting your emails: you can sign documents too, or encrypt important files.

mouser:
Thanks for reminding me i should have linked to houseier's long post that also mentions GnuPG here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11316.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version