ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Deleting Files From the ..\Local Settings\Temp\ Folder

<< < (6/9) > >>

Darwin:
I advise caution. Some naughty programmes place installation files in the user %temp% folder that are essential for the operation of the programme (and in their absence require re-installation) or successful uninstallation of the programme. Extremely irritating  :down:

J-Mac:
I advise caution. Some naughty programmes place installation files in the user %temp% folder that are essential for the operation of the programme (and in their absence require re-installation) or successful uninstallation of the programme. Extremely irritating  :down:
-Darwin (February 02, 2008, 08:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin,

I do realize that this is a possible consequence of deleting the temp files, but at 5 GB and still growing I really had to just bite the bullet and do it! As for those developers who put the reinstall files in there, well I guess I just won't be able to reinstall from there. And if I find any in particular I will definitely write them and let them know what I think of the practice.

Not that they will listen to me, of course. But it'll get it off my chest, and of they do hear that enough from their users, you never know - it might just affect their future behavior!

Thanks.

Jim

Darwin:
Not that they will listen to me, of course. But it'll get it off my chest, and of they do hear that enough from their users, you never know - it might just affect their future behavior!
-J-Mac (February 02, 2008, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D There are two on my system for sure that do this and I've only received a response from the $20 one... The $2000 hasn't deigned to respond!

J-Mac:
... ;D There are two on my system for sure that do this and I've only received a response from the $20 one... The $2000 hasn't deigned to respond!
-Darwin (February 02, 2008, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I almost hesitate to ask - but I'll go ahead anyway!

What the heck software cost you $2,000?!?!?!  :o

Jim

lanux128:
use a software like SpaceMonger to find out which folder/file is taking the most space. i've heard that Microsoft Office's install log can substantial in size..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version