Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 04:56:45 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fingers in the nose guide to build javascript plugins. Does that mean its easy ?  (Read 14004 times)
ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 09:57:07 PM »

Hmm...no other responses...May be it's not a good idea to keep posting further questions in this thread.

Well, I will give it another try anyway.

I'm trying to use onProcessTrigger() to handle launching of things via a plugin, but for some items it didn't create [1] -- is it correct that this is currently a futile endeavor?  The following FScript source snippet gives me the sense that that might be the case:

[copy or print]
PREFUNCDEF BOOL EFuncName_Allow_ProcessTrigger(const char* destbuf_path, const char* destbuf_caption, const char* destbuf_groupname, int pluginid,int thispluginid, int score, E_EntryTypeT entrytype, void* tagvoidp, BOOL *closeafterp)
{
    // does this plugin want to take over launching of this result?
    if (thispluginid!=pluginid)
    {
        // if we didnt create it, let default handler do it
        return FALSE;
    }

I don't think I have an environment to make this change myself -- any chances of takers or perhaps producing a version of FScript that will compile under Code::Blocks? smiley

[1] I'm investigating the idea of implementing FARR-specific file associations.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 03:12:11 AM »

im not sure i understand your question about onprocesstrigger..
it's fine for a plugin (that has a reason to) to handle the launching of items it didn't create.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 03:46:17 AM »

Well, I thought so too, but AFAICT, onProcessTrigger() doesn't appear to get called for a test plugin of mine -- I placed statements to produce debugging output (as well as invoke the debugger) in onProcessTrigger(), but neither seemed to have any effect.  So I started wondering if it was being called at all...I looked at the GooglePlus plugin as it seems to make use of onProcessTrigger(), but I didn't manage to figure out whether it's doing something that my plugin isn't.

I looked in the FScript source and found something [1] that looked to me like FScript decides that if your plugin hasn't created an item, it doesn't get to handle it -- the quoted code in my previous post was what I came across.  I don't know if I'm interpreting what I'm seeing correctly though smiley

[1] The code is from FScript's JrPlugin_MyPlugin.cpp
ecaradec
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 06:28:24 AM »

Yes, you are right, I made some choices when I wrote the FScript plugin. It does not handle all possibilities of the farr plugin api. At the time I didn't see a lot of use for plugins to handle outputs of others plugins.
What were the uses you think about this fonctionnality mouser ?
Writing this I think it could be possible to use this with modal plugins. Ex a zip plugins could work that way :
* type : zip -> switch the plugin in a kind of select file mode and clear the input
* select a file : any file selected after this with enter would be added to the queue. (use of the onProcessTrigger )
* type : to filename -> zip all the files in the queue into the filename given

Blog & Projects : Blog | Qatapult | SwiffOut | FScript
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »

What were the uses you think about this fonctionnality mouser ?

some plugins would be creating entries that aren't real files, and so they would hande their own launches to decide what to do when user clicks.

But as for handling a result that the plugin did not itself create, it would be useful for a plugin that worked like a modifier and didn't create results of its own.

For example, imagine a plugin that was designed to run a program under a different users permissions (like admin), so you type your search and then type +runas:admin

then when you hit enter to launch a program, that plugin would see the +runas: modifier and take over the launching.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »

What I'm experimenting with is the idea of having file associations which are specific to FARR -- I've been trying out a "portable" set up -- so many of my applications don't establish file associations (writing to the registry is a no-no).  However, it's a pain not being able to double-click on files and have them launch w/ reasonable applications -- but I thought may be I could encourage myself to open files using FARR almost all of the time if I could make a plugin which could manage "pseudo" file associations and take over opening the files by applying those associations appropriately.

Am I making sense?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:25:34 AM by ewemoa » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »

but I thought may be I could encourage myself to open files using FARR almost all of the time if I could make a plugin which could manage "pseudo" file associations and take over opening the files by applying those associations appropriately.

thats kind of a cool idea..
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 08:48:31 AM »

May be it can be more easily done as a non-FScript plugin...hmm, who can we convince? taichimaster?

Bonus points for reading and working with the file associations maintained by apps like XYplorer smiley
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 03:03:32 AM »

I've made a plugin (FarrOpenWith) that handles all onProcessTrigger events to open a result item (a file) with an application other than the default. I needed this because I wanted to open .xml files in a text editor instead of in a web browser (which is the default on my system).

The way I used it was that I had an alias as follows:

dosearch D:\MyProject\ConfigFiles\$$1*.xml +OPENWITH=%PROGRAM_FILES%\Notepad++\Notepad++.exe

Note the +OPENWITH=. The plugin looks for this on onSearchBegins and if it finds it it takes over launching by handling onProcessTrigger. I'm using the native plugin interface though.

I can remember that this once worked, it's not any more now though. The problem is that $$1*.xml doesn't seem to work any more.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 06:54:42 AM »

phitsc mail me the plugin and alias and i'll find whats wrong.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 02:57:14 AM »

FarrOpenWith sounds interesting smiley

May I see the implementation?
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 02:59:24 AM »

FarrOpenWith sounds interesting smiley

May I see the implementation?
I would expect that what you want to do is even simpler than what OpenWith currently does. I would think you'd just have to implement onProcessTrigger, check the file extension of the file being triggered and select the appropriate application to launch the file (if I understood correctly what you want to do).

I'll zip up the FarrOpenWith source code and upload it for you sometime today.

ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 05:48:47 AM »

I would expect that what you want to do is even simpler than what OpenWith currently does. I would think you'd just have to implement onProcessTrigger, check the file extension of the file being triggered and select the appropriate application to launch the file (if I understood correctly what you want to do).

Yes, that's pretty much it -- I believe some "harder" parts of this are: building a UI to manage the extensions and coming with an icon smiley

I'll zip up the FarrOpenWith source code and upload it for you sometime today.

Thanks!
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 11:32:34 AM »

I agree. Gui stuff always takes a lot of time, even if it's straight forward.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.09 ]