topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SC v2.37.03: full-screen captures too big: one-pixel border  (Read 5259 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

when I just did a few full-screen captures (pressed F11 in Internet Explorer to capture all of the visible area, I didn't need what's below), I found out that SC always captured the screen in 1282 x 1026 instead of my 1280 x 1024 screen resolution. Looks like SC added a white one-pixel border to every side of the capture.

I also found out that my SC installation wasn't the latest version, but updating it to the v2.37.03 didn't change this.

I also checked the options (which by the way are called "Preferences" in the tray icon menu, and "Options" in the options window that pops up), but the "On Capture/Add Border to Image" option isn't enabled.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: SC v2.37.03: full-screen captures too big: one-pixel border
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 03:45 PM »
that's strange, it's capturing my exact screen size here (1600x1200).
my guess was that you had it set to add a border on capture, but you say you checked that.  it still seems to me that that's what's happening, but it could be some kind of bug making it think it should.. did you check whether you might be asking it to apply a small shadow on capture?

try this:
capture a smaller region.  see if it puts the border around that also.  if so, then that's definitely what's happening. if not, then it's something stranger.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SC v2.37.03: full-screen captures too big: one-pixel border
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:40 AM »
Ok, I just tried "Grab selected Region" (love the pixel counter!) and it worked perfectly, no border was added there.