ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Scrollable Desktop Like a Folder

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
No problem, icekin! That's what we're here for :P

lanux128:
btw, there are more DC-specific tips on inline insertion of images here.. :)

• new forum feature coded - ability to inline link attachments!

psionics:
I found out about Ave's Extra Desktops before, but for some reason, it does not work on my PC. I can't even see the 'configure desktops...' options upon right clicking the desktop.
-icekin (January 14, 2008, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

you have to install the "visual C++ 2005" first then "restart" before installing "Ave's Extra Desktop" (uninstall Extra desktop first if you haven't install Visual C++ 2005 dependencies yet or it will not work in that sequence.)

right clicking the desktop will show "configure extra desktop" and it can only handle 2 commands for now (e.g: Ctr+1), still bad and lots of bugs, but its the lightest application solution as of now.

icekin:
I recently found a solution to this problem without using Ave's ExtraDesktops. There is an <a href="http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=49814#49814">AHK script here</a> that does more or less what I want. When I press Windows Key + 4, I get a details view on the desktop, which is great. There is even sortable headings like Name, Size, Type, Date, etc. just like a real folder. Unfortunately, the selected column is grey in color, much like it appears on standard folders.

1) Is there  any way to avoid coloring the selected column a different color on all folders?

2) Is there a way to make this details view appear as the default view on the desktop. Right now, every time I have to press Windows Key + 4 to switch to this view, the default view being large icons.

3) Is there anyway to make the folder scroll? On the AHK post, it says the desktop should scroll like a folder, but in my case, it does not seem to. The remaining desktop items simply go below the screen and cannot be accessed.

icekin:
I know this thread is very old, but I thought I'd post an update on it anyway. I recently came across a program called Fences. Fences allow icons to be placed within specified areas of the desktop and lets then scroll, without scrolling the entire screen like WinScroll. This is great, because I can now create a single fence the size of the desktop and place any number of icons in it and watch it scroll. This was what I was trying to achieve. Unfortunately, fences does not support details view or even list view, only large icons at the moment. I tried combining it with something like Pitaschio, which can do list view, but the end result was not that good, with icons overlapping etc.

Fences also has a paid version, Fences Pro, which allows sorting icons by date, type, filename etc. I have not tried it, so I am not sure how good it is. For someone not looking to use list view on the desktop, Fences is the best way to have unlimited icons on the desktop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version