ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Scrollable Desktop Like a Folder

(1/4) > >>

icekin:
I regularly use Pitaschio and its list view for the desktop. However, the once you reach the bottom of the screen, the new icons are placed at the top again, next to the my computer icons, forming a second column. Moreover, the new icon's sometimes overlap the text of the first column of icons.

I would like to know if it would be possible to set the entire desktop to act like a scrollable window. I would like my desktop to be like a fully open and maximized window of Windows Explorer in list or details view with a scrollbar on the right so that I can scroll down to see the remaining files. However, I would still like to retain the ability to use wallpapers and I do not wish for the wallpaper itself to scroll.

My searching on the Internet has brought me to a program called <a href="http://www.nearestexit.com/sdesk">SDesk</a>, but even after installing it and reading the help files, I am not too sure if it does what I need. SDesk seems allow the desktop size to be enlarged beyond the visible area of the screen and then lets the user zoom in on specific regions of the desktop.

PhilB66:
WinScroll. Download English version HERE. Not sure if it works well on a multi-monitor setup. Works on my XP machine.

here's the English help file...

SOLVED: Scrollable Desktop Like a Folder

icekin:
WinScroll is a nice program, but is there a way to make it scroll the desktop icons? It seems to only scroll the opened Windows themselves, which I actually don't want to scroll. My actual problem is this : When Pitaschio turns desktop icons into list view, it puts a limit on the length of the filename before it starts to overlap with an icon of the next column. See the below screenshot of a sample desktop.

[attachthumb=#2][/attachthumb]
On the other hand, a typical Windows folder does not suffer this problem, regardless of the length of the file name. If I turn the wheel, the window just keeps scrolling horizontally (in list view) or vertically (in details view) regardless of how many icons I have. I would like my desktop to have this feature of Windows folders. In fact, a desktop that looks like the below minus the toolbars and status bars and with support for wallpapers would be nice.
[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

apfel:
Could you upload WinScroll? (website offline)

icekin:
Sure, here it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version