ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mommy, why is there a server in the house?

(1/1)

Edvard:
Yes, it's an ad for Microsoft Home Server, but it's cute...
Maybe a little too cute.
Helping your child understand the Stay At Home Server

--- End quote ---

http://www.stayathomeserver.com/book.aspx

Which makes me wonder...
Anybody here plan on buying one of these things?
or alternately... obligatory link to Ubuntu Home Server
from Neatorama

tranglos:
Is it the one that corrupts the files you copy onto it?

The ad sure is neat, though!

wraith808:
I've been thinking about getting one.  I have a server at home currently, but the WHS seems like a more packaged solution than my server, and with more features that I would actually use at home.  But I still haven't pulled the trigger yet.

As far as the site, the whole thing looks like a caricature truthfully.  I can't actually look at the videos from work, but I just don't see the use of them, and it just seems "Tim Burton"-level surreal.  Can anyone actually see a *use* for something like this?  When I was a kid I wouldn't have needed something like this to explain why a server was in the house, I don't think...

Renegade:
I had a look at the site --- hilarious!

"Do you think your family would need a Windows Home Server if, say... You were a better mother?"

"Did you install it, because you don't strike me as particularly smart."

Hahahaha~!

The videos are very fun.

Lashiec:
This book is too much:

Lesson for future geeky kids: If you want to live a long, peaceful life, don't get into a company that has a server. Avoid IT at all costs! ;D

The book is brilliantly hilarious, and reinvents all those old cliches: When a woman and a man love each other, they don't make babies, they buy a WHS! Making fun of fat kids is old-fashioned, now the latest rage is exploit the soft point: the WHS, of course, like big people do at the Interwebs! At least, the uncle is still smelling funny. I can't believe this is from Microsoft, they may have a funny side after all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version