topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Radiohead video of Scottish Mist  (Read 6966 times)

jdd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Radiohead video of Scottish Mist
« on: January 09, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Far be it from me to make an unethical request  :-[.  And I hope this isn't one but.........can anyone tell me which software I might be able to use to record the audio portion of Radiohead at http://current.com/i...iohead_s_scotch_mist

jdd

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Radiohead video of Scottish Mist
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 02:25 AM »
Surely you know that the entire In Rainbows album is/was freely available for all to download? For free.

Why would you want a recording of a low quality stream when you could get the nice version free?

As for software, your computer can record anything that plays through the speakers using Sound Recorder if you configure it correctly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:26 AM by Deozaan »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:10 AM »
The download version is no longer available directly from their download site - only the disc box at £40 (~$80) !

If you live in the US you can buy a copy for $0.89 a track or $7.99 for the album from http://www.amazon.co...inbows/dp/B0011TQLA2

Alternatively try google where you can easily find what you want for the price you want ...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:14 AM by Carol Haynes »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:05 PM »
This may be slightly off topic, but would it be considered illegal/unethical to share the original download with other people even though it was free in the first place?

And I thought the physical CD they started selling on Jan 1 had a few more songs than the download. What happened with that?

Anyway, Radiohead is a truly great band in my opinion, and in "DonationCoder" spirit I think it would be worth the low price to pay for the album to show support, even if you already got it for free.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 06:28 PM »
This may be slightly off topic, but would it be considered illegal/unethical to share the original download with other people even though it was free in the first place?

Yes/Yes

actually it was never free - they asked people to pay what they want. If people chose to pay nothing it is still not technically free - they are just cheapskates.

I don't even like Radiohead particularly but I paid a couple of pounds for a copy because I applaud what they are doing and I wanted their experiment to work so that they may convince other artists to do likewise. Come to think of it I should at least listen to it once ;)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 09:14 AM »

And I thought the physical CD they started selling on Jan 1 had a few more songs than the download. What happened with that?

Anyway, Radiohead is a truly great band in my opinion, and in "DonationCoder" spirit I think it would be worth the low price to pay for the album to show support, even if you already got it for free.

Well, in my incredibly humble opinion, this whole thread is off topic. Nevertheless, I appreciate it being posted. I did not know this about Radiohead, and like Carol, I appreciate what they are doing. So, thanks for the thread.

Ken

[Edited to remove duplicate quotes. Carol]
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 09:30 AM by Carol Haynes »