ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Beware Domain Searching at Network Solutions!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Veign:
You can always use my Ultra Fast Whois:
http://www.veign.com/tools/whois/

A quick and easy way to see the status on a domain.

tinjaw:
Yeah! Yet one more reason for me to keep hating Network Solutions with every cell in my body. They have been crooks and cheats since day one. I believe the only reason people still use them is they don't know there are alternatives.

J-Mac:
Just back at my PC.  A lot of cute ideas here!  (Hehehe!)

For my first web sites I used Register.com and they were OK for awhile.  But they ticked me off so I dumped them.  Moved everything to Dotster and they've been pretty decent.... so far!

I also refused to use Network Solutions since my first site - seemed like they always had the most complaints all over the web.  Of course they were the first and largest and I had to take that into account.  But when I saw so many posts/articles/etc. blasting them I figured smoke might equal fire in their case.  Looks like they got caught with both hands stuck in that cookie jar!

Jim

J-Mac:
You can always use my Ultra Fast Whois:
http://www.veign.com/tools/whois/

A quick and easy way to see the status on a domain.
-Veign (January 09, 2008, 06:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice tool, veign! I usually just use the "About This Site" Firefox extension for Whois searches and most of the other web site info tools.  It's pretty cool: Alexa, Netcraft, Open Directory, Wayback Machine, and a host of others available via the context menu.

Jim

Deozaan:
I believe the only reason people still use them is they don't know there are alternatives.
-tinjaw (January 09, 2008, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've never even heard of Network Solutions until now.

I use xwhois for information on domains.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version