ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

iPod Touch - any opinions?

(1/2) > >>

dluby:
Hi, my wife is heading from little old Ireland to the States at the end of this month.  To ease her conscience of leaving me with our three kids for eight days, she's thinking of buying me an unlocked iPhone!

Do any of you use the iPhone and is it worth the hype & cost? Have any of you used them unlocked?  Is the complete functionality of the iPod Touch contained within the iPhone?

Failing the purchase of the iPhone (for whatever reason), what do you think of the iPod Touch 16GB model?  I already have a Creative Zen Vision:M, but I find the choice of accessories is very limited in Ireland and the iTouch looks so cool.

Thanks in advance

Damian

Carol Haynes:
What is the point of a phone with a limited battery life? You have to send it back to get a new one at ridiculous cost.

I don't want to start the whole Mac discussion again but there are other phones out there that do pretty much the same stuff but are cheaper, more functional and don't cost a fortune.

The biggest bitch in the US has been about the huge bills run up by the iPhone constantly connecting to servers to check emails etc. if you do get one make sure to turn everything off that can connect without you knowing (unless you fancy bills in the thousands of Euros).

jgpaiva:
For me, the biggest problem with the ipod touch (and consequently with the iphone), is the fact that you can't use it without looking at it, because it doesn't have a keyboard.

Probably i'm just being skeptical, but i think that having a touch screen isn't as fast as having a keyboard, specially in terms of SMS writing and such.

Renegade:
I think LG has a good alternative for the iPhone. Check them out.

f0dder:
Remember that if you unlock the iPhone, you will have to be very very very careful when updating it, if you don't want a very expensive paper weight. Personally I'd stay clear, two other big reasons being cost and the whole touch-touchy thing that jgpaiva also mentioned. Heck, I even (often!) send text messages from my cellphone while not looking at it.

If I was going for a MP3 player (and I probably will in a few months), SanDisk Sansa models look very appealing... free of the apple crud, and supports SD Micro expansion cards (in addition to the built-in up to 8gig flash ram).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version