ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

JANUARY 2008 GIANT SHAREWARE GIVEAWAY AND DISCOUNT CELEBRATION

<< < (4/4)

app103:
I won FontExpert 2006 on a previous giveaway. I love it!

It's the only font manager I have come across that doesn't hijack file associations.

I have tried other font managers that do that and what is worse is how uninstalling those other ones never repair the association properly, which can be pretty tough to fix manually.

FontExpert will still allow you to open fonts in the default Windows font viewer without any fussing. I like that a lot.  :Thmbsup:

I am in the habit of dropping a copy of a font I use for banners & buttons into the folder with the blanks for websites I am working on. Much easier than trying to remember what I used and then finding it in my collection again when I need to make a new button. Also faster to temp install a font by just opening it in the Windows font viewer and minimizing it.

Even though FontExpert is a great app for viewing and temp installing fonts, and can really help a lot with making decisions for what font to use in a project, once the choice is made it's still faster & easier to open the font with the system's built in viewer when all you need is to put a single word on a new button later on. I don't think there is any app that will ever replace that for me and I am glad FontExpert lets me still do what I want, how I want.

I have a huge collection of fonts (over 12,000!). I never really got much use from a huge collection like that till I started using FontExpert. If you have a lot of fonts like me, you NEED this application...so try it out while there is a discount for it.  ;)

superboyac:
This is freakin impressive as hell.  Good job for all those involved in putting this together.  Wow!

mouser:
Just a reminder that the deadline to enter the drawing is TODAY, JANUARY 25th.

cthorpe:
That's right.  Look for the drawing to close at or around midnight Central Standard Time with winners posted shortly afterwards.

Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version