ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone Else Have an Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Problem in the Winter?

<< < (3/5) > >>

a_lunatic:
I wear only cotton clothing as with any synthetic clothing rubbing against another synthetic material it makes me into a "Electro-man"

J-Mac:
J-mac, were you ever struck by lightening anytime in your life? hanging out with you must be an electricfying experience :P
-Dell[a] (January 08, 2008, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

No!   ;D  Though there have been harrowing times, no lightning.   8)

Jim

J-Mac:
I wear only cotton clothing as with any synthetic clothing rubbing against another synthetic material it makes me into a "Electro-man"
-a_lunatic (January 08, 2008, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here - 100% cotton.  Though that has always been because poly's were always so hot in the past.  nylon, polyester, etc. - anyone remember when those first came out?  Mostly for the "wrinkle-free" properties?  You'd sweat just looking at them!

Jim

lanux128:
wow! this is just crazy. i've never experienced winter so i didn't know about this side-effect. but i discharge static all the time even though i'm in a humid area and my fingertips get extremely ticklish at times..

tomos:
i've never experienced winter
-lanux128 (January 09, 2008, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D :tellme: ;D

actuallyI have lots of static problems with my car (and have with all the different cars I have owned in the past)
-Carol Haynes (January 08, 2008, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have that too and know of others with the same problem - have read [and experienced myself] that it's worse autumn (and spring i think) for "continental" climate at any rate and is to do with weather but definitely todo with person too.
I try flicking/tipping the car with my fingertips before I put key in cause sometimes I get a shock so bad I have a very sore finger for the rest of the day..
I'm sure it's entertaining for any passersby..

not as good/bad as J-Mac though :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version