ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

My Application...

<< < (3/5) > >>

Codebyte:
wow, tyvm! this is awesome and im understanding this for the most part! way cool, ty again!

Codebyte:
Alright, so status update... I wrote my first threaded program that uses 2 threads, 1 thread that accesses global variables and another thread that downloads files from a list of "Files to be downloaded" lol... This coding helped alot! I do have a question however, what did you use to drop in that coding for me to see? I wanted to upload a sample for people to see how it works in Borland C++ builder...

jgpaiva:
It's simple, CodeByte!
Just copy the code from your editor, then paste it on the reply box. Then select all the code, and press the # button, which will enclose the code in [code] tags.

PS: if you'd like to have syntax highlighting, press the # button, and then add =cpp to the [code], so that is looks like this:

[code=cpp]
int main void(){
whatever
}
[/code]

Codebyte:
thats way cool! ill upload the coding once I finish a basic template for multithreading in BCB 2007. ty for all the help guys!

Codebyte:
Here is a general idea of Threading for someone new to the concept...

Create a new project and add 2 Buttons, named Suspend and Resume... These will control the Thread using the OnClick() function.

Here is the coding I used along with BCB RAD Studio 2007:
(Keep in mind this is a sample template I wrote...)

--- Code: C++ ---//---------------------------------------------------------------------------#include <vcl.h>#pragma hdrstop #include "Unit1.h"//---------------------------------------------------------------------------#pragma package(smart_init)#pragma link "IdExplicitTLSClientServerBase"#pragma resource "*.dfm"TForm1 *Form1;HANDLE Thread; //THIS IS FOR THE THREAD//---------------------------------------------------------------------------DWORD WINAPI ThreadFunc(LPVOID Param){        //Tell the Thread what to do here}//---------------------------------------------------------------------------__fastcall TForm1::TForm1(TComponent* Owner)        : TForm(Owner){        DWORD Id;        Thread = CreateThread(0, 0, ThreadFunc, Form1->Handle, CREATE_SUSPENDED, &Id);        if(!Thread)        {                ShowMessage("Cannot Create Thread!");                Application->Terminate();        }}//---------------------------------------------------------------------------void __fastcall TForm1::ResumeClick(TObject *Sender){   ResumeThread(Thread);}//---------------------------------------------------------------------------void __fastcall TForm1::SuspendClick(TObject *Sender){   SuspendThread(Thread);       }//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ill have a sample of how to set priorities between threads soon, once I fully embrace the concept.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version