ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

My Application...

(1/5) > >>

Codebyte:
Im using BCB 2007 to code my application for windows vista... My app connects to a declared ftp server just fine, but when it begins to download files it locks the application up until the download is done... Is there some kind of coding that I can add to allow my program to run fine?

Any help is greatly appreciated... thnx :)

jazper:
Are you using Indy's FTP client component to achieve this?  You could run all your FTP work in a background thread thus freeing up the UI processing.

Codebyte:
Yes, Im using Indy's FTP client and thats a wonderful idea... I have no idea how to go about doing this though, anyway you could write a quick example or have a tutorial I could check out? Any time would greatly be appreciated alot :)

jazper:
Unfortunately, I'm not a BCB programmer. I asked about Indy because I am a Delphi programmer. I don't think a Delphi example would be of much help to you.  Maybe another BCB programmer on the forums can provide a small example on threading in BCB.

f0dder:
Unfortunately, I'm not a BCB programmer. I asked about Indy because I am a Delphi programmer. I don't think a Delphi example would be of much help to you.  Maybe another BCB programmer on the forums can provide a small example on threading in BCB.
-jazper (January 08, 2008, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Will probably help more than you think - Delphi/ObjectPascal and C++ aren't that different, syntax-wise, and afaik BCB and Deplhi use the exact same VCL (in fact, I recall BCB shipping with a command-line Delphi compiler, probably to facilitate compiling the VCL or third-party components).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version