ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Point Motivator

Suggestions

(1/2) > >>

bardamu2000:
Hi,

I just recently stumbled in - I found a link to Point Motivator at LifeHacker.

So far the applications works just fine. But after some play, I think the following function would be helpful:

- Track point in different categories (e.g. if I want to track my progress in working out and reading). I know, you can change xml, but this a bit to much of a fuss.

- Set goals (e.g. x points a week). I think the setting of goals is an essential part of motivation.

I would like to discuss those points.

Cheers, F.

mouser:
sorry i didn't reply to this earlier.
both of those ideas are already on my todo list, so we must think alike.

TucknDar:
Excellent ideas!

And an excellent program, mouser. I've finally started using it regularly, and so far it actually does help :) I was pretty certain that this program would catch on, unlike what you thought of it at first ;)

tomos:
I think I may have posted this in the wrong thread
I'm  pleasantly suprised by the urge to build up those points :D
thanks mouser :Thmbsup:

a minor bug:
the reward column on the "Earn Points" tab only ever shows 10points here regardless of actual amounts (which work okay otherwise)
a minor request:
could you get it to come out of the tray on one click? (please!)
oh, and option to close to tray would be good too but only as icing
-tomos (January 10, 2008, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have other ideas/requests but havent looked at this xml aspect of it yet so will post again

bardamu2000:
sorry i didn't reply to this earlier.
both of those ideas are already on my todo list, so we must think alike.
-mouser (January 13, 2008, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

No problem because to the delay. After all, we all have another life off-line, haven't we?

Nice to hear, you are thinking in the same direction... The app was reminding me of a PalmOS app called 'Universal Tracking System', http://www.utracksys.com/, which is a great deal more generic, but I used it for stuff, I will possibly be doing with Point Motivator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version