ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to remove ALL of Firefox?

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
My Firefox 2.0.0.11 was showing signs of being a little sick, so I removed it and installed a fresh copy. But it was excatly the same - meaning it doesn't clean up when leaving. The thing that annoys me the most is that I wasn't asked if I wanted to keep this or that - it just "uninstalled" and left everything behind! I am truly disappointed!! So my question is of course: HOW to clean up after this fox - how to remove ALL of Firefox?  :tellme:

nite_monkey:
you mean the profile (in xp located in c:/documents and settings/<user name>/aplication data<hidden folder>/mozilla)if you delete that folder then all your add-ons, bookmarks, and settings should be gone

lanux128:
what was left behind? if you mean the user profile, check out this article from the KB: Uninstalling Firefox, where detailed instructions are available..

also, if you start firefox with the following command-line "-p" or "-profilemanager", you can create/delete the profiles in the Profile Manager..

Deozaan:
You could always format your hard drive...  :P

Lashiec:
The four folders set up by a Firefox installation are:

* %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox (binaries and other files)
* %userprofile%\<insert your language equivalent for "Local Settings">\<insert your language equivalent for "Application Data">\Mozilla (update logs and cache)
* %appdata%\Mozilla (extensions, bookmarks, cookies, etc.)
* %appdata%\Talkback (if you installed it)
Input all those strings with the '%' like that, those are environment variables.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version