ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (22/32) > >>

f0dder:
I am feeling quite out of place in an atmosphere of narcissism, where the focus is always on the "me, me, me."   I don't live in that environment personally or in business and I don't have any close acquaintance with anyone who does.  The only place I have this conflict is on DC.
-CodeTRUCKER (January 12, 2008, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, but the only narcissist around here is you. You've tried to hide your patronizing behind a friendly and overbearing smile, but it has shone through quite clearly. Reality check, dude.
</rude>

mouser:
f0dder i don't think that tone suits you..
one of the ways this site has remained so civil is that long time members here strive to be polite and understanding and respectful, even if they don't feel they are being treated with that same respect.

i especially expect those of you who are esteemed members here to set a good example for the rest of the people who might be more recent newcomers.  :down:

f0dder:
f0dder i don't think that tone suits you..
one of the ways this site has remained so civil is that long time members here strive to be polite and understanding and respectful, even if they don't feel they are being treated with that same respect.

i especially expect those of you who are esteemed members here to set a good example for the rest of the people who might be more recent newcomers.  :down:
-mouser (January 13, 2008, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe most of the members have strived to be polite, and have tried to conjure up a solution that would satisfy CodeTRUCKER, but still fit in with the DonationCoder mentality and community spirit. But what has been given back? Questioning/flattening of our moral standards, patronizing, etc. I'm sorry, but it ticks me off when the community goes out of it's way to try and accomodate somebody, but all we get back is a "sorry, that's just not good for me, I'm leaving".

Josh:
I am feeling quite out of place in an atmosphere of narcissism, where the focus is always on the "me, me, me."   I don't live in that environment personally or in business and I don't have any close acquaintance with anyone who does.  The only place I have this conflict is on DC.
--- End quote ---

Mouser, I have attempted to avoid this thread until now. This comment has thrown me over the top. For him to say that we have a "me, me, me" attitude on DC is preposterous. DonationCoder is the only place on the web where I see people willing to go above and beyond to help whatever random person trots on by. What annoys me more is the fact that he says this is the "only place he has this conflict". I am sorry, but I find this comment full of nothing but lies. I can go around the web to a site that comes up in my news feeds and find things far worse than what is on DC. The community here is nothing short of professional while remaining adult. If another adult cannot deal with the occasional "questionable" thread that comes up here, why should we be forced to change and implement a system just for them? That would have been like us changing our posting style to gri's because he insisted upon it.

I am sorry mouser, but I am with f0dder on this one. This is the only comment you will hear from me on this subject or in this thread. CodeTRUCKER, I am sorry, but your self righteous fake attitude is shining through and I for one am through listening to someone telling DC that we are "Better than yet worse than any site" you have come across with regards to our mannerisms and content.

TucknDar:
f0dder and Josh pretty much summarize what I feel about CodeTRUCKER's remarks. I was thinking the same. Good luck with finding another forum that has the same high quality while still remaining so civil and polite, CodeTRUCKER...

I can't help but think that if DC is too rude and offensive, the only way to have a "clean" browsing experience would be to stick with http://localhost/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version