ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (19/32) > >>

mouser:
For what it's worth, i think the graphs are cool to look out.. sure you can debate their meaning, but i appreciate them and they are interesting.  as others have said, there are issues regarding what the right metric is to look at (radio of curse words to non-curse words over time? or just absolute # of curse words? or curse word containing threads?).

Still, i'm glad to see the charts.

I do think carol has a point though about the context of words, which is really the most important thing to me.  It's hard to make the case that one should avoid some of these words absent of some recognition of the context.

mouser:
In general my position has been that if we add a tagging system we get the NSFW filter for free and it won't affect the vast majority of users who won't ever be turning on such a block.

But i am sort of curious about something, it seems to me as if codetrucker and others who want such a filter.. would you want to block ALL posts that EVER mention the terms you've listed about in your chart, including wtf and similar acronyms?
(regardless of other content).

It may make sense to have a FoulLanguage filter that could be automatically computed from posts without requiring any human intervention.  Personally it seems to be like a very unforgiving filter but i don't know, is that the level of blocking you are interested in Codetrucker?

mouser:
Also let me repeat something so that everyone keeps this discussion in perspective.  I'm fairly firmly against making any changes that would add undo "noise" to the forum.. So any tagging system should be basically invisible.  It will operate behind the scenes and just provide extra functionality for those who choose to use it.

f0dder:
Including "WTF" in a "bad words" search? OK, that has made me go WTF?!?!

This is starting to become ridiculous.

Carol Haynes:
What's wrong with the World Taekwondo Federation (aka WTF)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version