ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (18/32) > >>

Eóin:
Maybe my second point went off topic back to the previous thread but like jgpaiva it was the graphs which prompted me to post. An analysis such as this is dangerously misleading.

jgpaiva:
Actually, i found the page. It's here.

And i made a graph:

I've attached to this post the .xls version of the graph data, in case you'd like to introduce this new information in your graphs. (if you'd like, i could do that, if you attached the .xls version)

suleika:
When considering what kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC, is it already determined whether we're talking about tagging threads or tagging posts?   Or both?  Or is that still up in the air?

Carol Haynes:
Sorry but I do think the graphs are a little ridiculous and you aren't doing your cause much good with them.

Words are words and people use language they are comfortable with - that is life. Go and sit in any public space and I guarantee you will hear all of those words more in a single day that they have been used in DC forums in total since the site started. They are all common words used in everyday life (and some of the ones I guess you object to more are some of the oldest words in the English language).

If you don't want to use those words that's fine but if you are looking for any user participation website where they don't appear you may as well unplug your modem now because you will be unlucky.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh but there needs to be a bit of a reality check.

For example you mention the use of 'penis' in these forums but if you search the forum and check the context it has almost exclusively been used in the context of annoying spam mail (by me more than once). Personally I don't think that is an inappropriate use of language when you are talking about eliminating annoying spam.

Both uses of the word vagina were related to 'vaginal cream' for pets of cure ringworm. OK treating pet ailments may be a bit off topic (except it was in the living room) but can you really not use the correct anatomical term when naming an ointment?

jgpaiva:
suleika: It is still all in discussion. Thus, you can comment if you'd prefer one or the other, or what you'd like about one or the other. (or none :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version