ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (7/32) > >>

tinjaw:
I took a look at Chris' (Veign) test case.  Simple clear and doesn't add any noticeble "noise" to the experience.  Give it a test-drive!-CodeTRUCKER (January 08, 2008, 11:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Link please.
=0=codeTRUCKER, you've been quite prolific, and, I dare say, productive. I think you have done a good job of summarizing and focusing the criteria.
=0=I would like to do something that I do for all my projects. I would like us, the DC community, to come up with a goal statement. This will help to keep the project focused and on track. It should then be broken down into intermediate milestones. We can then take a pseudo-spiral development approach. I also favor a try-then-adjust repetitive cycle.

Some attempts at sparking a goal statement:

* Provide a means for participants to opt-out of conversations they do not wish to pay attention to. (For whatever reason)
We can have secondary or tertiary goals that overlap, or are completely "Free" as any solution to the primary goal will also cover the secondary/tertiary.

Examples:

* Augment existing searching mechanisms.
* Allow readers to see "censored" versions of postings.
* Assist contributers to better classify their contributions.=0=I have several ideas in my head that I need to organize first, and then I will post them here. If I can find the time I would like to work with Wordzilla on these and try them out individually and in combination to see if they are effective or just add clutter. I'll post those ideas as soon as I can.

CodeTRUCKER:
Excellent, Chaim!  True to your form.  :Thmbsup:

zridling:
I think tagging should be on a voluntary basis by the topic starter.  The only exception should be given to mouser, since its his website, to add a tag if a topic drifts too far away. -Veign (January 06, 2008, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

What Veign said.

tinjaw:
The genius that I am, I left my notes at the office.

Let me see if I can recall it all. Give me a few minutes.... 

CodeTRUCKER:
FYI - For things of interest about DC when I'm away, I send "myself" a PM so I don't forget.  Of course, I know you knew that.  I just mentioned it for the benefit of others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version