ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (5/32) > >>

Lashiec:
Yeah, that's something we haven't decided on yet, although it was briefly discussed in the monster thread. Where do we draw the line? If it was my call, I would not draw a line at all, so...

Should we let the underage members decide?

nosh:
I'd like to propose a "sarcasm" tag, that way I can be sure people got mine.  :P

Lashiec, there's no way to know for certain who's underage anyway (unless mouser starts demanding ID from all new members  ;D ) so nothing can be imposed on just a particular group of people even if one tried. I think we should start thinking on lines of categorizing DC's huge HUGE knowledgebase. I'm sure everyone's united in seeing that done well.

Lashiec:
No, it was pertaining the NSFW thing, just to know where do we draw the line. It was one of my quick ideas, this time part serious, part joke, as I know more or less who the underage members here are, and I'm sure they would draw the line significantly higher than we'd expect, after all the youngest ones are only 1 year away to be legally able to drive a car (in the USA, that is).

tinjaw:
Are we talking physical age or mental age? It's important as I may need to disqualify my self.

Carol Haynes:
Back in the real world ...

Actually haven't we already got a fairly easy tagging system - when you post a new thread you can select an icon to go with that thread and it appears in the forum list of threads. Would it not be pretty simply just to supply suitable thread icons?

For example if you visit Living Room you see the first few threads looking like this:

Edit: Actually I have just noticed that this seem to be disabled in DC forums but in 'standard SMF forums this option is available. For example posting a new thread in a non-modded SMF installation brings up:

and the drop down menu displays:

I'm sure these categories could easily be modded/extended with appropriate icons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version