ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (4/32) > >>

tinjaw:
How about a mashup of SMF with Del.icio.us. I haven't Googled for such a thing yet, but it might exist.

Carol Haynes:
id also like to make a way for some users (moderators only?) to be able to list threads that have not yet been tagged and let them easily tag threads in bulk.
-mouser (January 06, 2008, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can we have an "OH GOD NO!" tag please  :-[

Veign:
I think tagging should be on a voluntary basis by the topic starter.  The only exception should be given to mouser, since its his website, to add a tag if a topic drifts too far away.

nosh:
I realise there's more to the tag-project than just safeguarding sensitive eyeballs but how about linking the subject text color to certain tags - for example the NSFW threads could have a dark maroon subject line which would blend in with the black and yet be distinguishable. Maybe we could have visible tags (noise!) on by default but once one knows the color legend it could be switched off...
-nosh (January 06, 2008, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Please, not by default. People wanting the kool-aid can go drink it in their personal preferences section :)
-f0dder (January 06, 2008, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fine! I was just worried about some poor child strolling by innocently and clicking *God forbid* on an NSFW link.  :huh:

f0dder:
I realise there's more to the tag-project than just safeguarding sensitive eyeballs but how about linking the subject text color to certain tags - for example the NSFW threads could have a dark maroon subject line which would blend in with the black and yet be distinguishable. Maybe we could have visible tags (noise!) on by default but once one knows the color legend it could be switched off...
-nosh (January 06, 2008, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Please, not by default. People wanting the kool-aid can go drink it in their personal preferences section :)
-f0dder (January 06, 2008, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fine! I was just worried about some poor child strolling by innocently and clicking *God forbid* on an NSFW link.  :huh:
-nosh (January 06, 2008, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Fortunately we don't have many of those on the forum (and I don't think that would change if a voluntary tagging system as opposed to a forced NSFW system is implemented), and the ones we've had have hardly been anything to lose sleep over (unless you're of the overprotective cotton-cushioning kind). But that's of course my personal POV, having dealt with the Real WorldTM from a relatively young age, and not taken supermuch damage from it :-\ :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version