ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (3/32) > >>

Lashiec:
As always, my suggestions reinvent the wheel ;D

But, the problem as I said, it's that everyone would use different tags, I believe this could create a problem in the long term... let me see it in your forum :)

EDIT: OK, just as I expected it to be. It's pretty simple, working like most tagging systems used out there, but it works pretty good. Zero-learning curve for those wishing to use it, and it does not get in the way for those who didn't drink the kool-aid ;). Apart from the problem I pinpointed, I'd say we could use this.

nosh:
I realise there's more to the tag-project than just safeguarding sensitive eyeballs but how about linking the subject text color to certain tags - for example the NSFW threads could have a dark maroon subject line which would blend in with the black and yet be distinguishable. Maybe we could have visible tags (noise!) on by default but once one knows the color legend it could be switched off...

Curt:
What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC? -CodeTRUCKER (January 06, 2008, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

None, of course. Why do you keep on trying to force your weird idea upon the forum?

Veign:
EDIT: OK, just I expected it to be. It's pretty simple, working like most tagging systems used out there, but it works pretty good. Zero-learning curve for those wishing to use it, and it does not get in the way for those who didn't drink the kool-aid ;). Apart from the problem I pinpointed, I'd say we could use this.
-Lashiec (January 06, 2008, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty standard and as Mouser has pointed out wanting a tagging system that can be used for many things beyond the NSFW (which creating an entire system just for that doesn't make much sense). 

A system like this could be built to filter, identify, mark, search or whatever based on tags.

f0dder:
I realise there's more to the tag-project than just safeguarding sensitive eyeballs but how about linking the subject text color to certain tags - for example the NSFW threads could have a dark maroon subject line which would blend in with the black and yet be distinguishable. Maybe we could have visible tags (noise!) on by default but once one knows the color legend it could be switched off...
-nosh (January 06, 2008, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Please, not by default. People wanting the kool-aid can go drink it in their personal preferences section :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version